Sunday, August 26, 2007

How Embarassing

I have not updated this blog in a year. A year. How embarrassing. So much has happened in a year. Some of which, I kept posted on various blogs. however, in short: I quit my job and moved South. I essentially retired, athough since I have a young son, there is really no such thing as being retired. I am not sure why you can't call yourself "retired" when you have kids in the house but you can't. I think it might have something to do with the amount of work that kids are. But I digress...

I am now in South Carolina. I am writing just about everything and every where with the obvious exception of this blog...

Confessions of an Introvert is selling internationally, although the business of selling books is a fickle and oft non-lucrative one. I am doing some corporate blogging. I have taken up golf - a perfectly respectable "retired-person" sort- of thing to do. I am happy, generally healthy, and trying to muster enough angst and consternation to put a second book together. It seems you need to have a difficult life to be a good writer. People are drawn to others with issues, challenges, problems, disabilities, bad bosses, glass ceilings. I have none of that. No one wants to hear about being a young retired ex-workaholic pursuing relaxation as a daily goal.

Well - that will all come to an end soon. I gave myself until September to get off my ass and get working again. Retirement - or time off --- well it isn't for me. As nice as it has been, the pendulum needs to swing back a little. I have already started to plan some book signings for the Fall, and I have joined a committee and a networking group. What will I do different this time? Well, I will try not to do everything. I will do more than nothing. I will do more than most, but less than some. I will find the balance I need - knowing that the balance changes sometimes. Right now it swings a bit towards needing to get off my hiney...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home